What is your role and what are your responsibilities at the CLDC?
Director of the CLDC
- Develop and oversee the overall delivery of programs and services of a comprehensive career and leadership development center
- Collaborate with academic units/departments
- Develop strategic partnerships with stakeholders
- Identify employment and educational trends to meet the needs of employers, students, and alumni
- Oversee an office of 35+ employees
- Develop a strategic plan for the Center that aligns resources with expectations and advances an organizational model that can successfully deliver on its promise to students and the University community
What is your favorite leadership role currently and why?
Strategist and supervisor
What is it like to work at the CLDC?
Fun. There is an insatiable drive to help students and a voracity to serve all stakeholders to the best of our ability.
Growing up in Denver, I never imagined working in Athens, OH. A career path is rarely a linear process.
What was your first job ever?
First legit job – Burger King. Age 13. Neighbor was the manager and I ran the cash register.
What was your best career or leadership experience during college?
I have a few:
- I interned two summers at the Denver Children’s Home as a Youth Treatment Counselor and at a psychiatric ward in IN working with clients that were diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder
- Captain of the men’s soccer team
- Bouncer at Red Rocks Amphitheater
- Midnight Tile Demo Crew
How did you find your first job after undergrad?
I was hired on as a manager at Denver Children’s Home
Family, soccer, family, fitness, family, reading, family, mowing the lawn in funny designs
What is your favorite place in Athens?
What is the best place you’ve ever traveled? Why?
Chicago, Amsterdam, San Diego, anywhere my family and friends reside
Share something about yourself that might surprise people
I don’t have a middle name, Latvian’s don’t need them.
Metallica is a damn good band
Education, Certifications, and Professional Experiences
10 years’ experience in career and leadership development